Saturday, February 10, 2007

Global Warming - just a little behind ...

I know that this post will seem about a year behind the times. I try to stay up with things, but finally got around to renting "An Inconvenient Truth" and had to write about it.

This was really good. I am not one to believe what I hear. But even if you are like me - there is a lot of truth in what is presented. The pictures that he showed that compared past and present really drove home how important this topic of global warming is. Below is one of these pictures - of Mt. Kilimanjaro 30 years ago and today.


There is one quote that Al used in the movie that I really liked.

What gets us into trouble
is not what we don't know
It's what we know for sure
that just ain't so

Mark Twain

So if you are like me and have not seen this. Rent it. It is definitely worth the time.

No comments: