Saturday, November 19, 2005

RBS

I saw a great advertisement the other day (ok, not great for those who actually have a problem, but hang with me anyway). It was for a drug called Neurosil. They said - "Discover how you can take control of your 'Restless Leg Syndrome'." RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) - now that is a new one. This is for people who can't keep their legs still, they have to keep moving them. And the drug is intended to help those who have this sit still. I thought that I would look up the definitions in the Merriam Webster Online Dictionary.
  • Restless - continuously moving
  • Leg - (know this one)
  • Syndrome - a group of signs and symptoms that occur together and characterize a particular abnormality
So it hit me. I have RBS - Restless Body Syndrome. It is not just my legs but my whole body that need to be continuously moving:) Finally, I understand. It is not just extra energy but rather I HAVE A SYNDROME.

PS: Now when I told Julie this - she thought the B meant Butt, but I like my choice better.

No comments: