Saturday, February 02, 2008

The Bucket List

The movie by the same name has inspired me. I have yet to see it, but found an article in a magazine also talking about your bucket list. Thought that I had better create one so that I can check them off. This is starting as a block but will end up as a block on the side of my blog.

By the way, I have already checked off a bunch of them including: falling in love (a bonus - marrying my high school sweetheart); having a great family; starting a non-profit; visiting Italy, France, England; Playing golf at Pebble Beach; etc. These are just the ones that are left.
  • Visit the great US National Parks (Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, etc.)
  • Parachute
  • Drive a race car (maybe Laguna Seca?)
  • Complete the swim from Alcatraz (escape from Alcatraz ...)
  • Visit the Alps
  • Tour Japan
  • Oktoberfest in Munich
  • Golf enough to get my index under 10 (been there before :()
  • Meet someone really famous that I respect (Oprah, the President, Warren Buffet, ...)
  • Get involved in local, regional or state politics
  • Get a patent
  • Spend New Year's in an exotic location
  • Buy a car in Europe, drive it there (including the Autoban) and have it shipped home
  • Leave a lasting youth related legacy
  • Go up in a hot-air balloon
Some that I still need to decide if they actually make my list ...
  • Visit a pyramid (Egypt?)
  • Taj Mahal
  • Machu Picchu
  • Write a book
I will add to this over time, but that should get me started:)

No comments: