Saturday, May 05, 2007

First pictures with my new camera

The weekend before last Saturday was a long day of soccer. Nick tried out for the ODP (Olympic Development Program). This is an opportunity if selected to play with some strong kids, against high caliber teams and potentially move to higher and higher levels of play (regional first, then state and national). I don't think he is quite ready, but he has come a long way over the last year or so.

Anyway, the point was that it was a long day. Nick had two try outs. One from 9-11 and the other from 1-3. Both were about a half hour away. Then Anthony had a game at 4. So I spent pretty much all day watching soccer (I did make a couple of phone calls and went for a run).


But the good news is that I took some pictures with my new camera. I got a Canon XTi,a 70-300mm lens and a 2GB memory card (good for about 430 pictures). I am just getting the hang of it - here are a couple of pretty good pictures.

I am sure I will get better, but am happy with the initial results.

No comments: