Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday night

Friday night it was late
I was walking you home
We got down to the gate
And I was dreaming of the night
Would it turn out right?

How to tell you boy, oo
I want to build my world around you, yeh
Wanna tell you that it's true
I wanna to make you understand
I'm talking about a lifetime plan

Not at all sure why this came to mind. Well, maybe I am. What a week. A couple of fun and interesting events.
  • Met up with Chris Iglesias (a high school football buddy) in San Francisco. He has responsibility for CityBuild, and project under mayor Newsome. Check out the video. But while this is awesome stuff that he is doing, that isn't the point. We were Reminiscing about high school football. Great memories!
  • And tonight we had Anthony's varsity football team over for one of their pre-game team dinners. It was a total blast to have them here and watch them laugh and joke and do what a bunch of guys do together - get stupid. Long story short, they got into a belly flop contest off the diving board for what started out being $20 and ended up at $50 for the winner. We would have done the same (and just for kicks - Anthony won and has the welt to prove it).
  • After they left we were hanging out watching football, looking forward to Nick's soccer game tomorrow, then Anthony's football game tomorrow night.
So back to the song. I totally remember high school when this song was popular. Julie was my girl friend. We were having a good time together, talking about being together - building a life long plan. And we are living it! (ok, kind of mushy)

By way of recognizing the artists - the song is Reminiscing by Madison Avenue re-released in our high school days by the Little River Band.

3 comments:

Dale & Julie 60th in Italy said...

I don't know about anyone else, but that gets me! He had me at "the song"...it was a favorite of ours in 1976-80...20ish years ago. It still holds true- and we are so :)

Dale Ferrario said...

No ... that's 30ish years ago:) Showing your creative side Right Brain side again!

http://www.funderstanding.com/right_left_brain.cfm

Dale & Julie 60th in Italy said...

Okay okay it's 30 years...I lost some brain cells during labor! and living with you! You didn't marry me for my math skills either!