Wednesday, December 01, 2004

WFH

It has been a work from home (WFH) day today. Dropped my car off last night so without today ...

I slept in until 7:30! That is longer than on the weekends. What's up with that ...

Then on the phone most of the day. Boy am I lucky. I have the best staff that I have ever had. All incredibly competent. All I have to do is aim them. As my mentor says ... monitor and inspect. That is all that you can do.

I did manage to find an hour to go for a run. I am really happy with my Polar S625x. It measures speed, distance, heart rate, and altitude when I run, and speed, distance, cadance, heart rate, and altitude when I ride my bike. Pretty cool! I download to my laptop and can see graphs of how I am doing. I ran 6.3 miles along the flat train tracks. My heart rate was a bit higher than I would like, but not bad. The path is great - ok on my back and no cars ...

When I got back Nick was getting home from school. He said - "Dad, I was really focused at school today. I did two extra worksheets that I would not normally have done. And I got most of my math done." I am thinking - what is he talking about. Then I remembered, tonight is the first night of rehersal for the Tom Sawyer play. He is getting into the mode of using his time wisely so that he stays on top of things with all of the time that he will be spending rehersing. Pretty sweet!!

That's enough for now. Time to get back to work.

No comments: